Being a Mentor
A mentor is anyone with an interest in learning more about technology and working with young people. Mentors, like our members, are diverse in age, background, interests and technological experience.
Computer Clubhouse mentors typically volunteer 2 hours, 1 day per week, for a period of 6 months. Mentors are professionals and students in art, music, engineering, education, and a variety of other fields. No experience is necessary, just an interest in learning and working with young people and/or providing technical support a few hours each week…all while having fun!
We’re currently accepting applications for mentors.
Please email Adrian Collier.
Mentors generally are asked to do the following:
* Work with Clubhouse members to create and inspire fun projects
* Orient and welcome new members
* Offer specific guidance in areas of expertise
* Support members in thinking about career/college opportunitiesAdult mentors do NOT have to teach in a classroom setting.
* Experience or ability in one of a variety of disciplines (including engineering, music, science, art, journalism, architecture, education and design)
* Genuine interest in working with young people.
* A minimum of 18 years of age
* At least 2 hours per week on 1 set day for a minimum of 6 months
* Weekday afternoons and evening hours are available
* The opportunity to explore one’s interests in a cutting-edge environment
* The opportunity to help young people build skills and confidence
* Volunteer experience